I haven't introduced myself yet, but I'm Leah. For the masters project I'm working with another classmate on a piece that is based on Greek mythology and oral traditions. The final piece is going to be a series of stills, and I'm doing all the modelling. There will be one character, a statue, and a couple of sets. I've got a start on the statue model. At this point, I'm creating base meshes that have good topology for modelling and then I'm going to do the detail work in Z-Brush. Right now I'm looking for advice on obvious flaws and good topology. Any input you have would be appreciated. It's been really helpful reading your responses to Holly's work.
I have several images. The first is the whole statue thus far. The squashed sphere at the bottom of the model is a place holder for the hips. At this point I'm not planning on modelling the legs as they will be covered by a long toga-like skirt. We will only ever see the feel and this model isn't going to animate. I will be posing it, but no animation. However, I want to model the existing pieces so that they could animate for the practice.
Here's a closer view of the face. The hair has proven to be difficult so any tips on how to start that would be nice. Disregard the hat on the reference image. I'm not using that, only the face.
This is the breastplate that the statue will be wearing. I've had trouble with getting decent edge loops. Because this is armour, it won't be deforming much, but I would still like clean geometry.
The statues arms were difficult to get the right proportions on despite the fact that I had references. I don't want really defined muscles on the arms, but the statue is a warrior and so I don't want no definition either. Getting the edge loops to facilitate this has been problematic.
I looked at the comments you made on Holly's hands, but I have not gone back and implemented those yet on mine. Also, I am adding the detail in Z-Brush for the fingers and I realize the knuckles look odd.Thanks for taking the time to look at my work!
-Leah
No comments:
Post a Comment