Thursday, June 18, 2009

DM - Leah

Hi Leah,

You have made a good start, just a few things that I can see that need a bit of attention.

As you say this is a proportional problem. As you see I have overlaid your mesh with the reference and you can see that the armpit area is too long, or with the size of your rib cage, your arm is too long. It should be a reasonably quick thing to fix, just make sure you have your reference there to help you.



With the hands I think you need to just be a little more subtle. Adjust the proportions of the knuckle pads and soften the indents. Again, have look at your reference and identify the main features and how big they are in relation to one another.



As for the breastplate, this might take a bit of experimentation. I would go with trying to follow the muscle flow. However, if the plate is supposed to be decorative, then look at your design and work the topology around the decorations. After all, if it is a metal plate, it shouldn't bent anyway so all you have to worry about is that it is smooth. Treat it like a car panel. If you can post up the final design, then I might be able to help a bit more.



From the first post, you look like you are on the right track. Keep it going and good luck.

Cheers,

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment