Friday, June 12, 2009

Holly - shoes, hands, body`

Hi Dan

Thanks for the advice on the face, have adjusted as advised, I plan to do a test uvwrap and add the texture so I get a better idea of how it is looking - as I think it's almost there, will show the textured version soon.
Thanks for the tip on making the shoes - breaking the shoes down into panels really helped me to figure them out, I think they look more graceful now - please let me know what you think of them.
Have been working on the hands - I don't seem to be able to get them to look like the reference imagery (have purposely made the nails longer)- do you think I need more edgeloops?
Next the body - not sure if the ankles are correct. Does the topology around the back (shoulder blade area) look too busy?
As for modeling the sweater I have extracted the polygons from the torso and upper arms, but I don't know how much detail is necessary for the underarm - does it need the underarm modeled if the material is just going to stretch over it?
Also wanted to ask you about the topology on the legs - I have tried to add topology on the thigh to flow like anatomy, but have been told that this makes it difficult to rig and it's better to have straight lines going down the legs - have you got any opinion on this?

Final question I wanted to ask you, my model is showing off her stockings, would you advise modeling the garter and the suspender straps or would you just texture them on? Also in my final image the model's thigh has a cute bulge at the top of her suspenders - would you model this bulge into the model in Tpose or would you just adjust geo when the model is in pose? I have added my attempts at adding the bulge on the image below, please let me know if you think this is necessary Many Thanks,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment