
Hi Dan,
Thanks for the advice last time round, especially the 3D layers in Zbrush. I felt like a complete uber-geek because of my excitement at what you can do with the layers! It's a much better way of working and having the ability to sculpt in symmetry and then flip back to your pose is amazing! I set up my horse Ztool in this fashion and plan to repose my man using 3D layers.

The detail transfers quite well, obviously once I'm happy with my poses I'll resculpt areas/muscles acording to the pose.
Here's a video of the poses as they are now, like I say I'm going to repose the men and it's easy to edit the horse poses now, so anything that you think looks weak in the pose will be helpful to know at this stage.
I've been spending a bit of time unwrapping and adding a diffuse map to all the accessories I have modelled so far. I was a bit uneasy with the texturing all being left till the end of the project, worried it would take longer than I anticipated so I thought I would spend a few days working on it now, for a bit of variety also. Here's how it's looking, just taken from the textured viewport.

Thanks for suggesting trying out some hole modelling in panels. I havent done the helmet yet but I do plan to model it completely in XSI, in fact I'm gonna do all the accessories with hard modelling in XSI and textures, not planning to involve zbrush unless necessary. I had to takle some detail with a flat panel on King Robert the Bruce's crown, where I tried to incorporate circles into the mesh. Here's how I got on, not sure if there's anywhere obvious where I could have saved a few polys, maybe you can take a look:

Thanks for reading. I'm gonna be working simultaneously on trying to resolve the accessories and working on the figure and horse poses, I'll post up again soon when there's some progress.
Cheers very much.
Jamie.
No comments:
Post a Comment