Monday, June 22, 2009

Holly- Sweater and Belt



Hi Dan

Here's an update on how I'm approaching the sweater and the belt - I have had a go at producing a high res poly-mesh in Zbrush of both items, but feel that the polygon count is way too high. As regards to the collar detail on the sweater and the ripples of the cloth, is it best to do these once the model is posed using a displacement map, or shall I model them into the high-res Zbrush mesh whilst in T-pose? perhaps the catch of the belt could be achieved using a bump map, as it's so small? What do you think is best option for the buckle?

I ended up extracting the belt in XSI from the polygons of the sweater and extruding the edges.

I have altered the topology along the boobs, as I couldn't smooth out the nipple, I think this way works much better - is it okay what I have done by deleting the rest of the original torso (See in pic) or do I still need to keep this to animate with?

Thanks - look forward to your advice

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment