Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lies - Update

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the very useful link on Displacement map, it has helped me a lot when working on the bodice.


I've been working on the clothes in the last 1,5 weeks, starting with the bodice. I first posed the base mesh and then extracted the basic shape of the bodice from the T-pose. I made a jpg with my workflow:


















After this I tried to do some displacement tests based on the website you gave. It took some time before I found the right settings.






After the bodice was finished I did the skirt. I divided the skirt in different parts to tackle them independently. I made another jpg to show the workflow:






This is where I am now:















There is still a lot to be done on the dress (all the detailing) and the proportions are not right yet (arms/hands are too large, head looks a bit stiff in certain angles)

My concern at the moment is the lace. I've done some basic tests around the bodice with a transparency node in XSI. It does become see through and it shows the pattern, but the mesh loses its thickness.
Do you have an idea on how I can make the lace?

Any suggestions or remarks on the pose and the general look of where I am now are greatly appreciated since I don't want to continue not being sure if I'm heading in the right direction.

Thanks!
Lies

No comments:

Post a Comment