Saturday, July 4, 2009

Holly - Texturing Stripes Advice

Hi Dan,

I wonder if you can offer me any advice on my sweater texture.
Firstly - the material won't go white - I might need to ask Adam to help me figure out what this is, as I've changed the material colour, the lights, the background sphere, but it's still grey.
Secondly any tips of adding stripes to material - I have stripes(as a bump map -although they look the same in diffuse) on my sweater, which I think look good close up, but from a distance they go all fuzzy.
Also I halved my polymesh and duplicated the polygons - but when I did this the stripes at the centre disappeared or stretched (is it worth my while not halving the the mesh, and instead having a complete mesh to apply the UVs to?)

Looking forward to any advice about stripes that you have,

Thank you,

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment