Sorry for the late reply.
The whole scene seems to be progressing really well. I have a couple of suggestions on the modelling front.
1) Looking at your reference images I would be inclined to add some shape to the hands. I feel that they could do with being scaled down a bit and made to taper more. In Elvgren's images the hands, as well as the feet, are petite and the fingers are tapered and delicate. Also the fingers are drawn with a slight backwards curve which really sells the poses. It maybe worth employing this exaggerated bend to get the look you are going for.

2) As mentioned I would also shorten the feet and shoes, maybe a lattice around the whole section would work. I think these would be quick and simple changes that would make a huge difference but it really depends how closely you want to get to the heavily stylised reference.
3) I would consider trying to hook the back foot behind the front calf. This seems to be a recurring element of the reference poses. Also in the ref, the legs are more bent than in your pose, is that intentional?
The textures are really starting to sell the piece so keep it up.
I think the framing/posing is working well, but be sure to focus on the model. Elvgren's images are character driven rather than environment so make sure that the character is shown off the best possible way and the surrounding objects can be moved to suit the final shot. I would just keep going back to your reference as to the final framing. Find one you think really works and try to be faithful to it.
Hope this helps.
Well done on sharing the eye lash trick with everyone. I am sure everyone will find it useful.
Good luck,
Dan
No comments:
Post a Comment