Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Holly - More Poses

Hi Dan
I have updated the pose. I took reference from Elvgren's pin-ups perched on handrails, I noticed that they all seem to have their legs side by side and tucked under their torsos.

Once I moved the legs I thought that the position of the arms no longer suited the pose - please see images and let me know if you agree with this. From this I decided to straighten out the left arm and rest it on the handrail.

I liked this pose and have taken closer shots of it from different angles ( I don't intend to use all of these angles, just thought you might be able to get a better idea of the pose)please let me know if you think the pose is working.

Can I ask you a composition question? I have been trying to achieve some lines of direction. I have laid a line of direction over my poses - is it clear what I am trying to achieve, do you agree with the lines I making? I particularly like the way the composition is creating an arrow shape(to my mind anyway, please see pics) I feel this adds an energy and speed to the piece.

-currently experimenting with lighting, hope it's not distracting you from the modeling detail

Thanks in advance

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment