Saturday, July 25, 2009

Holly - The Pin-Up Pose



Hi Dan

Have been busy posing my character, have mainly rigged it in XSI, my eveloping is not the best and so I need to go in a tweak the points alot - it would be great if you could have a look at poses and let me know if anything wrong is jumping out at you - please be brutal. Does the tilt of the head work?

The first two images are the two main shots I want to show, I want a close-up of the face, I have added some other shots/angles, please let me know which you feel are working and which are not - I don't have to include these ones

I have attached some images of Elvgren's paintings that I have been taking inspiration from. I really like what he does with the fingers and the hands - I have been trying to capture the delicate pose of the fingers, but not quite sure I've got them yet.

I have also been trying to model in the curves and tapers that Elvgren uses, such as the curve of the calf muscle, the tapered ankle and exageratted foot and the tiny waist. Please let me know if you think I've got these, or if you think they will work at all - does this only work for the painting?

Have just begun lighting, I am liking the look of the clothes, but I don't think that I have the skin right yet. I think the Subsurface needs some fine tuning, also need to get the hang of the overall colour multiplier (for the lips and the eyebrows) need to make this more subtle. (please ignore the shadow which falls on the grid at the back - I won't have this in the final I will add a matte painting of the sky in comp

I intend to add some eyelashes by painting a texture on a transparent grid.

Not sure about the eyes, hair and teeth (am tempted to just close the mouth) I don't particularly want these areas to look amazing or realistic (no simulations), I just don't want them to look ridiculous, so any tips or advice you may have on these would be great.

I have put an incidence shader on the stockings, they currently look plasticy, so need to tone down the spec.
I am going to try using an incidence shader on the skin to see if it gives me the shading that Elvgren uses in his paintings(please see images)

I think that's it, have asked quite alot, so if you're time is limited then my main area of concern is whether you think the pose is working or not, and what can make it more convincing

Thank you, and look forward to your response

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment