Hey Lies,
All looks fine. XSI can handle quite a lot of polys but you should always try and make the mesh as light as you can.
The decimation master mesh is a good fall back and you can always render the wires of the low res mesh if you need to show you topology.
From looking at your Approximation settings I can see that there is a lot of room for you to reduce the triangle length, and therefore the detail that will come though from the displacement map. For my MA project I think I had settings for 0.002/3 for he face wrinkles so with yours at 0.3 you have a relatively large length. Reducing this will have an effect on render time so you will have to find a level that you are happy with.
Another way to go would be to retopologise the train mesh to that the poly flow fows the larger folds. Doing this might allow you to have a larger length setting and therefore faster renders.
I would have a play with the Geometry Approximation length settings to start with and see how that goes first off.
Hope that helps.
Dan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment